- Tighter Tolerances
- A New Casing Mold (Polycarbonate)
- An Enhanced Pro-Stem (POM)
- A Thicker Metal Leaf
- A lifespan of 60 million cycles
These switches are packed in a protective tin and include a switch puller.
GATERON Jianda Long Electronic Technology Co., Ltd, known in the USA as simply Gateron, is famous for its wide selection of excellent cutting edge, mostly linear, switches.
All of our Gateron switches are direct from the factory, with no reseller or other middle-handler. Tested and packaged in the USA by SwitchCaptain. These switches come with an authenticity seal, and unique serial, guaranteeing the switches are directly from Gateron. This means no risk of split pins, cracked plastic, uneven spacing, improper operation, keyboard damage, or other issues from non-authentic products.
What is the SwitchCaptain Authentication program?
We are keyboard and mice enthusiasts ourselves, we have spent hours (perhaps days, okay fine, weeks) trying to find particular keycaps, switches, lubricants, and more. Too often we stumble across knock-off products, poor quality components (that can do real damage), and sometimes even stores passing non-genuine products as the real thing! Enough is enough. So we got together and decided on a plan moving forward to stop fake products from hurting all the different folks involved.
The SwitchCaptain Authentication program includes a holographic seal on every item we sell, each seal has a unique code that lets you verify your product came from the original brand.
We want you to know that if you buy a product from us that what you get is real.
Let us be clear:
- All branded products we sell are bought from the manufacturer directly, we do not try to save a buck and purchase from a supplier (which we find super suspicious in the first place). If a manufacturer won't sell to us direct we will not have it in the store. This includes big names as well as up-and-comers.
- This also means that manufacturers ship directly to us, we inspect for quality, package them in sealed bags (so they cannot be tainted), code them into our authentication database, and ship it to the customer (that's you!). We do not allow 'middle-persons' to broker any product, as this opens up an opportunity for manipulation.
- Any product from SwitchCaptain without an authentication sticker is counterfeit or repurposed without authorization. Even our refurbished products are authorized.
- We require all brands to provide us with proof of any certifications they say they have. The onus is still on them of course. If a manufacturer cannot produce for example their RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive) when they are supposed to be able to, we will not work with them. While we do not know of all licenses, permits, and certifications, we try our best to keep an eye out.
If you want to be part of our program, reach out to email@example.com
Switches feel smooth and sound amazing in my board. Changed from clicky switches and I couldn't be happier with these new switches!
These gateron brown pro keys are great! it being pre-lubed is also gives a fuller key sound. the only issue is that some of the pins were a bit bent and so i had to correct some along the way. when they are bent a bit i've jammed the pins before, but it was an easy fix with some tweezers.
Got Keychron K8 Pro with the Gateron Pro Browns, and loved the feel of the switches so much I wanted some more for another board. Reasonable prices too.
These are very smooth with a light bump and deeper sound. I loved the packaging and the prompt delivery. Thanks for carrying the switches. Not many places seem to.
These went into a System76 Launch board. I got these to replace another tactile switch that was hand lubed and filmed, but had become very scratchy shortly after this painstaking effort. The Pro Browns are buttery smooth with a small bump. I wish the effort was a little heavier, but the buttery smooth action on these switches and the fact that I did not have to open them up and lube them, make me fall in love with them all over again with each new key press. Gateron, thank you for making these! Now, I have to get another set for my home office board.